Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome, September!

A few more photos from our last trip to Pennsylvania ....

The train from Strasburg to Paradise ....

at the station ....

I love all the little details that often aren't noticed .....

Some of the views from the train ... the last picture is of my sister Georgia  ... we were celebrating her birthday

The gift and dining section of the Red Caboose Motel ...


refurbished railway cars, made into sleeping quarters for tourists
(my family took our parents here for their 50th wedding anniversary a number of years ago)

the old, mixed in with the new ....


for those who love to shop ....


moo ......

(click on photos to enlarge ... and then I think you can click one more time to enlarge even more ... it always amazes me to see the details that I wouldn't normally notice)

Isn't it wonderful to look at the calendar today and see the word September?!!!

5 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau September 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

I have missed your posts! Love the mosaics you put together drawing our attention to things we might otherwise overlook. Those refurbished train cars are just too much fun. But I've got to tell you I lost my heart to the final photo, it speaks peace to me, takes me right back to my childhood...moo to you too :-)

Anonymous,  September 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

Such a great collection of photos Frances.
I love what your eye is drawn to! Super bokeh on that "tap". Love the little boys in the field.
And the next three photos, stunning indeed!!
Those coloured train cars remind me of
Jelly Bean Row, a street in St. Johns, NFL.
And so love that quaint little shop ... did you go in?
I have to ask you, that last picture, "moo",
what did you focus on? It's just perfect!
(they all are) Definately "not" a flat photo ... great post proc ... such dimension ... I'm so jealous!!
Always a fan ... Linda :D

Kellie Graham September 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

I cannot tell you how much I absolutely LOVE your pictures!!! I'm so jealous of the "eye" that you have - you have this knack of capturing the most unique details, and your photographs evoke such emotions of longing within me. I'm glad to see you are back. Even though I always seem to be on the fly, and don't always have time comment, rest assured I am following your blog faithfully.

myletterstoemily September 6, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

i adored your train photos! so nostalgic.
and your sister looks just like my aunt
felice. :)

Gloria September 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Beautiful photos!!!! you are such a talented photographer! Thanks for sharing these...:)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP