Monday, April 23, 2012

... And You Get There In a Car

My sister Bonnie and her husband David and I recently traveled to Pigeon Forge, TN to vacation with my sister Betty and her husband Keith at their favorite spot in the Smoky Mountains.   Here are a few memories from our drive there.   I'll break the vacation up into more than one post because of the number of pictures .... (click photos to enlarge for better views.   I didn't do much editing of these photos ... only what was available through Picasa).


.... everything is somewhere else, and you get there in a car



.... it rained the entire way down to Tennessee.    But the redbud trees were in full bloom and they made the drive beautiful



.... a brief stop at Luray Caverns, where Gary and I went on our honeymoon more than forty years ago


















... redbud trees in bloom just outside the Luray Caverns entrance


... who can resist photographing a little girl admiring a little dog?





... to pass the time in the vehicle, I enjoy taking pictures of houses (through the windshield) ... we had a very brief respite from the rain



my dream car .... some day!     (sigh)


Bonnie and David .... taken at a rest stop somewhere in Virginia



... rest stop blossoms




Tennessee ..... yay!  (and it was STILL raining)


Hurrah!    The offices of Hidden Mountain Resort, less than a mile from our final destination!

(to be continued)
 
 
 




8 comments:

myletterstoemily April 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM  

such beautiful photos of a lovely
part of the country!

Cheryl April 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM  

Oh, I love this kind of road trip...the kind where I can tag along with you and see the beautiful sights that you saw and see things from your eyes...and yet not have to deal with traffic. (I know I'm a wuss.)

I love the two-story log cabin, and the little girl petting the dog, and the rest stop blossoms, and the sprawling farms.

I can't wait for the next leg of "our" journey! :D

Unknown April 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM  

so wonderful to go on your journey with you and see all the lovely sights, I'm really looking forward to more:)

Erwin Calverley April 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM  

Ahhh, the beautiful sights acquired throughout a long drive. Having a camera is a must during those opportunities, right? In between little road games, music, and the scenery, it becomes very hard to be bored during a road trip.

Gloria April 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM  

I do the same thing. Take photos from the car. It does make the time pass very quickly! :)

Yours turned out wonderfully! I love the photos of the tulip and the barn with the hearts. Beautiful! My youngest sister use to live near here. She sent me some photos of their camping trip when they had gone. What a fun place to go camping!

Happy week to you!
xoxo...Gloria

Anonymous,  April 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM  

Frances ... those redbud flowers and the weeping trees lining that pond are just beautiful ... really magnificant!! Everything is so lush ... thanks to the rain!! :)
Thanks for sharing these ... :D

marja April 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM  

thank you for your answer francis!!!! I'm going to remove!

marja
pinterest

Miroslav Keller August 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM  

Your pictures are so beautiful! I miss driving around the country too for fun. Maybe I’ll plan one with the kids next weekend. Anyway, I love Mini Coopers too! Aren’t they just the cutest cars ever? =)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP