Thursday, November 24, 2011

Far Ahead the Road Has Gone













I love photographing houses .... old ones, new ones, cottage, country, farmhouse ... it doesn't matter.   There are ones that speak more strongly than others, however.   This one reminds me of a home belonging to my mother's sister (Aunt B.) many years ago, when I was a young child.   I adore the vintage-style awnings ... the dormers ... the door to the right that looks as if it leads into a sun porch ... the country setting ... even the clouds that were so lovely on this day of traveling the Eastern Shore's back roads.   I even love the shadows on the front lawn, cast there by large groves of trees.













And further down the road, on the outskirts of Oxford, we turned onto a lane leading to an old cemetery.  Across the pond that encircled the cemetery stands this wondrous estate.   I wonder if the people who live there glance towards the cemetery and ponder eternity.

(click on photos to view larger and to enjoy details not otherwise seen)



3 comments:

Kati November 25, 2011 at 6:54 AM  

These houses are so pretty. Each one has a story. I wonder what stories these houses could tell?

Bren Graham Thebeau December 7, 2011 at 2:13 AM  

Houses have heart, they just stir some part of you... what an amazing shot with that last one, the tones, shadows and snap of colour.

Anonymous,  December 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

Truly a wonderful sight ....
not just a house, but a home!!

:D

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP