Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Violets Blooming At Her Feet ...


"Look at us," said the violets blooming at her feet, "all last winter we slept in the seeming death, but at the right time God awakened us, and here we are to comfort you." ~Edward Payson Rod


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



"To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee, One clover, and a bee, And revery. The revery alone will do, If bees are few."
(Emily Dickinson)

I was looking through some older photos last week while Gary was recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm.   There were so many I had never worked on or posted, so I thought I would spend some time walking through the memories.   Can you hear the whispers .... "and here I am to comfort you."?   It's such a cliche, but a very true one, that we never know what a day will bring.   I'm so thankful Gary's aneurysm was discovered before it ruptured ... that it was "fixed" and that he was home the very next day.   Indeed ... all is Grace.

(Thank you so much for visiting)







6 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau July 24, 2012 at 6:03 AM  

Oh my word, I don't even know where to begin. So many beautiful pictures! I've never seen a dragonfly with such colouring and the detail when opened big, goodness. The contrast of the brick wall and the flowers, the 'you are my sunshine'. All of them a delight

Kati July 24, 2012 at 12:07 PM  

Beautiful as always, Miss Frances!! :)

Cheryl July 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM  

I am so sorry that Gary has been unwell...but I am glad that you have had a bit of time to share these gorgeous photos! As I scroll through each one, I can't decide which one I love most. Is it the farmhouse with the spectacular field of sunflowers? Is it one of the butterflies on blossoms? Or the triple layer picture? Or is it the stunning (but slightly creepy) close-up of the dragonfly? (Do you think it looks like it has a human-like face?!)

Gloria July 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM  

Dear Frances,

I am so sorry to hear about Gary's aneurysm. I am thankful though that they did find it before it ruptured. Saying prayers for his health and that God will supply you both with His strength and comfort.

Your photos are comforting and a blessing just to view! Beautiful!!!

Blessings to you,
xoxo...Gloria

Peggy August 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM  

Dear Frances,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, but happy that the aneurysm was found! I just found your blog through Bren's blog, which I follow. You have so many beautiful photos, and your Winnie the Pooh quote fits perfectly with one I took of my granddaughter, so I borrowed it! Have I missed a copyright statement on your blog? I do see a couple photos that are inspiring that I would like to use (with credit, of course), but I would never do so without permission. Thanks for sharing.
Peggy

Glenda Lynne June 30, 2014 at 5:38 PM  

I really enjoyed visiting your blog. It has a charming warm beauty that invites the heart to sing. Since the last post was almost two years ago, I am wondering if you have moved to a new location? I hope that your occasion to stop was a joyous one and not a sad one. Thank you for sharing this part of yourself.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP