Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Color of Wheat ....










“... you see the grain-fields down yonder? I do not eat bread. Wheat is of no use to me. The wheat fields have nothing to say to me. And that is sad. But you have hair that is the color of gold. Think how wonderful that will be when you have tamed me! The grain, which is also golden, will bring me back the thought of you. And I shall love to listen to the wind in the wheat...”


 
“You - you alone will have the stars as no one else has them...In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night...You - only you - will have stars that can laugh.” 




I love fields of wheat, maybe partly because they always remind me of the Little Prince, who remains one of the most endearing characters that has ever entered my heart .... and maybe because they remind me of childhood days when I lived on a farm.   Or maybe it's the feeling of softness and gentleness and the blowing of the wind .... or maybe ....






5 comments:

Silvina Soave July 16, 2012 at 7:29 AM  

Preciosas imágenes!!! A mí también me encantan los campos de trigo!.Hermoso tu blog.Saludos!

Gloria July 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM  

Very beautiful images! I am not sure if I have ever seen a field of wheat firsthand. Very lovely...:)

Thank you for stopping by, and for your kind, heartfelt words of sympathy. They meant a great deal to me!

May God bless your day with much joy!

xoxo...Gloria

Bren Graham Thebeau July 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM  

Gosh this brings back memories of growing up on the farm, fields ripe for the harvest. Great shots

Bonnie July 21, 2012 at 7:55 PM  

I've never been to a wheat field, but your photos capture the feeling I imagine when walking through one. And The Little Prince - ah! I used to watch the TV version when I was just a little girl! I looooved it!
Wow, thanks for that trip down memory lane - definitely a fond one. :)
Hope you are doing well!

xoxo

Sleec Photos July 24, 2012 at 12:15 AM  

A gorgeous series. My favorite is the close up...second one. Truly exquisite!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP