Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Favorite Place

A few photos from our trip to Lancaster County, two weekends ago ....
( have you made the discovery yet, that my favorite place is Lancaster County, PA?)

(click photos to enlarge ... there is some blurriness to a couple of the photos because they were taken through the windshield of the car while we were traveling)

Amish boys working in the fields


Amish farm, making use of bag silos


A dear little family on the Strasburg train .... the camera is almost as big as the little girl



Horses gently grazing .....


Beautiful stone farm house sitting next to The Red Caboose Motel


Amish boys maneuvering the busy streets ..... notice the bare feet


Lush Amish gardens ....



... more to follow, because it's just ridiculous how many photos I come home with after any given adventure

I'm sorry for my continuing slowness in catching up with your own wonderful blogs.   I'm feeling pretty good today, but the entire last three weeks have been rough.   I hope I'm now on the mend .... being sick is wearying.    I have a whole renewed sympathy for those who live their lives in chronic pain.
 
 
 

4 comments:

It's me August 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Beautiful....................o my that butterfly.....................amazing...........love Ria......

Betty August 24, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

I've missed your daily updates Frances. Love the Amish photos. Can't wait till next summer when we all get to go together.

Anonymous,  August 24, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

Awesome pictures Frances!!
Love all your Amish photos!! I wonder what Amish living might be like....simple and uncomplicated??
I think I spotted a donkey in the farm photo...and look at all those perfectly aligned rows of white!!
Fabulous horses....such magnificant creatures they are!!
Love the lush gardens and WOW....that last shot...great capture indeed!! So colourful!!
Again, wonderful shots!!
Hugs....Linda :D

Bren Graham Thebeau August 24, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

Don't be worrying about catching up, no one expects you to. Just jump right into today with us if you're up for it :-)
It's so wonderful to see life through your lens again. You've captured something with your camera, a feel, and brought it vividly to life. Love these shots, including the little grey donkey on the farm and those ponies love the fuzzed out backdrop of the last one and the little guy beating it up the street in bare feet!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP