Monday, November 8, 2010

Autumn In Washington DC

Last month, Gary and I took another trip to Washington DC, specifically to see the Washington National Cathedral and to visit the Georgetown District.   I haven't had a chance to work on all of the photos from that trip (I took almost 1000) .... but here are a "few" ...... (click photos to enlarge for better detail and for a much more impressive view ... a few of them are quite a bit smaller than I normally post them, but there are a few that should take up almost your entire screen when enlarged).

Arriving at the New Carrollton Metro Station in the early morning hours ... photo taken from the top of the parking garage

Waiting to buy the Metro tickets .... I intentionally added distortion to this photo because I feel very "distorted" in such places .....

The escalator taking us up from the Metro train to the street level at Dupont Circle .... I have to just stare at my feet because I feel like fainting if I look upwards ....


Pumpkins for sale along one of the streets

Washington National Cathedral ....


View from the Bishop's Garden


A robin, sweetly singing ....




There were hundreds of these individual angel sculptures over one of the doorways ...

Stepping Heavenward ....

Interior ....





The National Girls' School ....



A pathway between two homes in the Georgetown District ....

"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn." ~Elizabeth Lawrence

Thanks so much for taking the time to view my photos .... everything is so much more meaningful when shared. 

5 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau November 8, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

Oh my word! love the artistic flare to your metro shots, each one is amazing when seen full size. Love how that escalator is just moving into infinity! Then the series of windows, love them. you've managed to convey so much about the feel of the Cathedral with how you finished out the photos, moving.
And your final fall shot, just yummy when enlarged :-)

Ann November 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Amazing, Frances. The Washington Cathedral, both outside and inside, is incredible. It truly doesn't seem from this country, which is so young for the architecture. Thank you!

Gloria November 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Frances, you are such a talented photographer!!
Very beautiful set of photos! I am loving all of them, but my favorites are the metro station (first shot), the cathedral windows, and that last shot of the walkway between the homes. So enjoyable to view. Thanks for sharing...:)
xoxo Gloria

myletterstoemily November 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

your photos are stunning! i was just
in our nation's capital but think you
captured it so much better than my
own eyes did.

thank you.

HE is the King of glory!

Anonymous,  November 10, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

ahhh .... these are such lovely pictures Frances!! always a pleasure to view!! Boy, your photos of that Cathedral really are impressive!!!
I love how you added that distortion to the ticket photo!!
And Frances, I have never seen white pumpkins ... only in decor!!
Love those intricate pews .... and that sweet, sweet robin!!
Lovely post my friend!! :D

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP