Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Living History

Historic Cold Spring Village is "an Early American open-air living history museum" located near Cape May, NJ.   It was almost 100 degrees outside on the day we visited, but we were still able to enjoy our walk down the various paths.   I think I'll show you my pictures, spread out over the next two or three days, rather than trying to fit them all into one posting ...

We were greeted right at the ticket booth by beautiful black-eyed susan plants .... a touch of cheer to any day ....

Horses and buggies were waiting to take people around the village ... we chose not to do that ... the poor horses looked hot and weary

This was the village blacksmith.   Even though it was 100 degrees, he was still working in front of that small fire, perfecting his craft.    I can't look at this picture without thinking of God and of His ways of working in our hearts ....

This is the Blacksmith Shop ....


The horse, bearing his burden ....

I preferred seeing the wagons empty ...

The Ice Cream Shop .... the air-conditioned coolness inside was a small taste of heaven ....


Check back in tomorrow for more pictures of this walk into the past ...
Click photos to enlarge

3 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau July 20, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

The picture of the blacksmith is priceless, I just love the essence of what you captured with your camera. Of course I love all your pics, and look forward to seeing more. You did well not to wilt in the heat! I would have.

Kati July 20, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

I love the pictures! They look so inviting. It is neat to know the temperature because by the pictures it looks like a warm day but not 100 degrees.

I Love Pretty Little Things July 20, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

I love historical towns. They are so much fun. Such a step back into time.

Thank you for the encouraging words you gave me about my sister. It is Wonderful to hear survival stories! It is very hard to walk through these things with the ones we love the most.

My Mom also has cancer, but her story is not so hopeful. There is nothing else that they can do for her, so that is a completely different journey. It's hard to not Fight.

Joyce

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP