Sunday, July 18, 2010

When You Are Imagining ....

I am so in love with white houses.   Actually, I am in love with white.period.     Gary and I took the ferry over to Cape May, NJ on Friday.   While riding through the countryside in that area, we came upon this oh-so-wondrous house built in 1829 ... the Abby Holmes House ... currently being used for catering special events such as weddings, bridal showers, anniversary parties, birthday celebrations, etc.     Here are some of the views ....  (click photos to enlarge and enjoy the architectural details)


"For a moment Anne's heart fluttered, and for the first time her eyes faltered under Gilbert's gaze and a rosy flush stained the paleness of her face. It was as if a veil that had hung before her inner consciousness had been lifted, giving to her view a revelation of unsuspected feelings and realities. Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one's life with pomp and blare; perhaps it crept to one's side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung across its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music, perhaps. . . perhaps. . .love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath. "
— L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Avonlea)





"It is next to shade to know that those we love are cool on a parched day."
(Emily Dickinson)




"I don't want sunbursts or marble halls, I just want you."
— L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

 
Wouldn't it be amazing to live in a place such as this?  Coming from a family of eight children, I've always longed for a house that could accomodate family gatherings ... with rooms enough for all ... with a porch in which I could place wicker chairs and wicker tables and wicker ceiling fans.   There would be lace curtains at the windows, birdbaths at the entrance, flower beds scattered here and there.    Is that why I am so in love with this house?

"...when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worth while..."
— L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

What kinds of things do YOU imagine?

3 comments:

I Love Pretty Little Things July 19, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

That is a dream house!!! I am imagining smaller though.

I did a post on the cottage that we built- except that we haven't really built it yet. But, it is so real to me. little cottage on a little lake...That is what I am imagining everyday. :)
Joyce

Bren Graham Thebeau July 19, 2010 at 6:00 AM  

What a house, no wonder you're in love with it's promise. Beautiful pictures really captured the feel of this wonderful house. I suspect that if you and Gary owned this house no one who came to visit would want to leave ;-)

Bren Graham Thebeau July 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

I just got my book, 'Overwhelming Interference' and though I've just read the intro I am loving it, just what I needed, thank you for sharing it with me :-)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP