Saturday, June 2, 2012

New Castle, Delaware

A recent day trip to historic New Castle, Delaware ....

 
roses blooming so beautifully along a fence 
 
foxgloves, creating such a sense of nostalgia 
 
tree-lined streets in the historic district 
 hydrangeas
a robin pausing while building a nest 
 
a small branch on a cemetery wall ... it looks like a little sad dragon to me 
a view from a garden  
beautiful windows 
an old ticket office in the park 
 
 
 
flag-draped porches and old brick 
 
flowery sidewalks

 a view of the Delaware Memorial Bridge ...


old brick ....





romantic strolls

 old porches and trimwork



Posted by Picasa


Gary and I had never visited New Castle .... but now that we have seen it, we will be returning with the changing of seasons.   Imagine how wondrous the views will be in Autumn.

A lovely day, indeed!

5 comments:

Gloria June 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM  

What a gorgeous place to visit! Your photos are LOVELY, INDEED! :)

I hope you are having a happy weekend!!!!

xoxo....Gloria

Unknown June 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM  

such a lot of beautiful things you saw on your visit, you have a great eye for finding such lovely little snippets of buildings and fences and gorgeous flowers, hope your having a wonderful weekend, all the best, Tamzin:)

Anonymous,  June 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM  

So many gorgeous photos ... such a lush area with so much colourful growth, and the old buildings ... wonderful ... so much to enjoy!! Love that you captured that little robin too ... not an easy thing to do!!
I hope to one day stroll a beautiful area like this with you and our cameras .... ♥
big hugs ... me!! :D

Bonnie June 8, 2012 at 7:43 AM  

It is always such a treat to feel like you've actually been right along side you, snapping photos and enjoying the beautiful day. every shot you captured I would think - ohhh she framed it just as I would! Thanks for making me feel part of your little outing - it was beautiful and helped bring a smile to start my day. I can't even express how your words the other day are helping in my healing process. You are so kind, Frances, and please know I appreciate it.
Have a lovely weekend. I'll be back to visit soon. :)

xoxo

Ioana-Carmen June 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP