Friday, February 10, 2012

For Love of Hearts

It's Friday, and I'm linking up with Kati for Photo Friday (the Hearts edition).   Kati challenged us to find photos of hearts in unexpected places.   Here are two of mine:




Gary often volunteers to run to the grocery store for me when I need just a few items (one of the many things I love about his retirement).   Upon returning home on one of his recent outings, he presented me with this heart-shaped potato.    How sweet.   Have you ever discovered love in the midst of grocery shopping?







Last Autumn, we made a trip to Bethlehem, PA to visit the old Bethlehem Steel Plant.   While walking the grounds, I spotted this heart in the midst of a rusty pillar.

“Love is not written on paper, for paper can be erased. Nor is it etched on stone, for stone can be broken. But it is inscribed on a heart and there it shall remain forever."


Thanks, Kati, for hosting Photo Friday.   Here is a link so you can visit Kati and see the heart she has captured ....




Love each other deeply, with all your heart.
(1 Peter 1:22)



3 comments:

Kati February 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM  

I love the heart shaped potato. It is so neat! You have good photographers eyes to see the rusty heart on the pillar. :)

Thank you for linking up!

Cheryl February 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM  

I LOVE that you found love in the grocery store!! (Perhaps if I changed my attitude about grocery shopping, I may find some love there...hmmmmm...)

And the rusty heart...how wonderful! You most definitely have an artist's eye, as you find beauty in such unexpected places.

Sweet. ♥

Unknown February 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM  

I never thought to look but I will from now on, they're both such lovely finds and so beautifully captured.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP