Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What the Heart Sees ....

Gary and I took a short ride one day last week and ended up on some of the back roads around Easton.   The highlight of that trip was this old barn complex.   I surely would have loved to have gotten closer.  I took these pictures while walking along the edge of a deep ditch on a fairly busy road.   I wonder what people think as they are driving along a roadway and see a not-so-young woman trying to maneuver her way along a ditch and stopping every few feet to point a camera at some old buildings.   These are not the best pictures in the world, but they do look a little better if you click on them and view them larger.








I love those two silos with the open windows at the top.   And I love the cupula on the barn all the way to the left.


I wonder if growing up on a farm makes me love things like this even more than I normally would?


"sometimes the heart sees what's invisible to the eye"
(Alfred Tennyson)




4 comments:

Gloria February 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM  

I love your photos you captured. You did an amazing job for not being able to get in for a closer look. I can totally relate to being observed as a strange lady for some of my photo-taking espisodes!! :)

I hope you had a happy Valentine's Day. Your hearts in your last post were perfect!! :)

xoxo...Gloria

Unknown February 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM  

I would of stopped to take pictures too, what an amazing place, I really love the second shot, such amazing detail, beautiful shots:)

Cheryl February 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM  

Don't those barns tell a story? Such character they have! And you have captured them well.

Ron always notices barns and other outbuildings. I will try to remember to show him these. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art!

Bren Graham Thebeau February 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM  

love your barn shots and how you finished out each picture.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP