Friday, March 26, 2010

A Sweet and Tender Rain

"And the birds' and angels' wings shake downward on her heart a sweet and tender rain."  (A. Procter)


You will almost never see me post a picture of myself.   But I wanted to include this one to show my son Mark that his Momma has developed a tiny sense of adventure in pursuit of this new photography hobby.  There is a park a few miles from where we live.  My husband and I occasionally walk the paths back through the woods and open fields.  For some time, we have noticed a small bridge, seemingly inaccessible because of the trail of weeds and thorny vines and snakes and spiders that one would have to encounter in order to reach it.   Last week, we took the plunge and made our way over to it.  It was the perfect time, as it is too early in the season for the vines to be growing and hopefully too early for the spiders, etc.  The recent flood waters had receded enough for walking to be possible.   So .... here I sit on that "inaccessible" bridge .... a small thing to most people but a tiny bit of excitement for me, who never does such things.  (click on photo to enlarge)

7 comments:

Pauline March 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

What a beautiful photo of you, Frances! I really love seeing you in one of your posts... I'm glad you had a great adventure! Hugs!

Bonnie March 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Cheers to new adventures on roads less traveled! Love this shot of you! I'm so happy that we are really taking this 365 challenge and committing to it. Letting it take us to places we would normally say we don't have enough time to go to.

Beautiful post!

xoxo,
Bonnie

bonnie March 27, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

This is a very nice photo of a very nice person. You are really taking steps outside your normal "comfort zone". I wonder what you will think to do next... :-)

bonnie March 27, 2010 at 6:16 AM  

Wow -- you have at least 2 "Bonnies" watching your photos !!!
I'm not accustomed to knowing other "bonnies".

Illustrated Photography March 27, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

My beautiful Momma! I'm so glad that you and Dad are being so adventurous! With photography at the centre of your excursions! next stop Australia! Any good photographer must have a shot of the Sydney Opera house....especially after visiting the world's largest IMAX theater!

Betty March 27, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Way to go sis!! You're looking great.

momma-nance March 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

I really like this photo of you Frances. I know Mark must be happy to see a little adventure unleashed in you too :) Here's hoping that your new hobby leads to all sorts of wonderful adventures.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP