Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fields of Glory

"The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.”
Emily Dickson




This field of crimson clover is located near my childhood home .... I had never seen such a huge field of clover before.   It was sparkling in the sun and came near to stealing my breath right away ..... a sea of deep rose color as far as the eye could see.   Poor Gary had to back up on a busy road, after hearing my cry, and pull into a driveway while I crossed the road and knelt amongst the beauty.   I could feel the stares of the people as they passed by in their cars ....

3 comments:

Betty May 5, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Good thing you have a husband who stops when he hears you cry out. This picture is soooooo gorgeous. it would have been a shame to have driven past it.

Bren Graham Thebeau May 5, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

Can I just say, your photos have stolen my breath away. I continue to be in awe of your art through photography. And the way you finish them out using various filters...breathless. Once again I'm reminded of what I've read in Within the Frame about photographing the things that move you and clearly you do. I've never seen crimson clover, we have deep pink/purples here but not in bloom yet.

bonnie May 15, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

I saw this field and it was gorgeous especially in the afternoon light. I am glad that Gary stopped the car and you seized the opportunity to take these lovely pictures because the farmer has mowed this field and plowed it under already.
If you had put off taking these pics you would not have gotten them.
When you drive by the plowed field you would have no idea of the beauty that existed there just a short time before......sister junebug

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP