Monday, May 31, 2010

Small Town America --- Sharptown


“Is the small town a place, truly, of the world, or is it no more than something out of a boy's dreaming? Out of his love of all things not of death made? All things somewhere beyond the dust, rust, and decay ... "



A beautiful, inviting Bed and Breakfast with waterfront view.  I've lived near Sharptown my entire life and never knew there was a street with such stunning sights ....




The Sharptown Bridge .... just below it is Cherry Beach.  In my childhood, my family sometimes went to Cherry Beach on the Fourth of July to watch the fireworks display.  The bridge used to be an old wooden structure ... replaced about a dozen years ago.



And one of the beautiful Victorian homes that line Main Street ...




The pictures always look so much better enlarged so you can see detail .... just click on the ones you would like to see

And don't forget my Blog Giveaway, ending this Thursday ......

"They looked to Him and were radiant" .... Ps. 34:5

6 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau May 31, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

Once again you captivate me with your photos. You bring places to life for me that I in all likelihood will never see in person. Then you work magic and transform these into amazing pieces of art digitally. Amazing.

It's me May 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

It's a beautiful small town !! amazing pictures !!! .happy sunny week.....blessings and hugs from em Ria...

Betty May 31, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Frances what beautiful homes. I remember going to Sharptown and watching the fireworks. And I hated going over that old wooden bridge. Use to scare me to death.

Anonymous,  May 31, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

oh Frances...
absolutely STUNNING photographs!! ...storybook perfect homes...full of character...right down to the lace in the windows...excellent!!
you are awesome!! :D
linda

Kellie Graham May 31, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

Would you look at those rays of light streaming down! Great shots Frances.
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog it's appreciated

Bonnie June 1, 2010 at 5:18 AM  

so many wonderful delights you have to show us. I really love seeing your world and actually crave coming to get a little piece of heaven each week. :)

*sigh* you know my weaknesses, Frances. I'm very happy we are friends!!

sending you sunshine and cupcakes,
Bonnie

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP