Thursday, May 20, 2010

Friday Pretties -- Lily Of The Valley

Joyce from "I Love Pretty Little Things"  http://iloveprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/ is so graciously hosting "Friday Pretties" .... this is my first time joining in.   I'm looking forward to visiting Joyce's blog in the morning and following her links to the blogs of everyone who is participating.   One can never see too many Pretties! 

I would like to show you one of the favorite things I have in my kitchen .... lily of the valley plates and cups I purchased on ebay about three years ago.  

click photos to enlarge




the handle on one of the cups is broken .... but it's still pretty .... and it reminds me of the beauty of brokenness before God

pretty white tablecloth ...


pretty pictures on pretty-smelling talcum powder ... lily of the valley fragrance



pretty glasses


Lily of the Valley scrapbook art ... made from an illustration in an old Victoria magazine, showing a little girl wearing a dress with lily of the valley fabric.  To see more of my digital art, visit



The lily of the valley has the flower meaning of humility, chastity, sweetness and purity.

"He's the Lily of the Valley .... He's the Bright and Morning Star ... He's the Fairest of Ten Thousand"

May His Gentleness and Tenderness be the most beautiful things in your life this week.





14 comments:

Kellie Graham May 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Beautiful settings Frances, such delicate wonderful design, love how you arranged and shot them.

Bren Graham Thebeau May 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

Okay I'm totally taken with your banner photo! And I love the shot of the tea cups & pottery with the lilies of the valley, they smell so heavenly. That's a beautiful table you've set and some beautiful photos.

I Love Pretty Little Things May 20, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Pretty, Petty, Pretty!!! Everything is so beautiful!
I am so glad that you are a part of "Friday Pretties"!

bonnie May 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

I love Lily of the Valley -- Jennifer has always claimed it as one of her favorites too. I think its the flower for May.
The dishes made me think of having cheesecake together & using these plates.....I could also drink my Diet Dr. Pepper out of the glasses.

It's me May 21, 2010 at 12:26 AM  

Happy Friday pretties !! hugs Ria.......Happy weekend !

Nice pretty pictures i like them !!

Betty May 21, 2010 at 4:24 AM  

Very beautiful Frances. I don't think you ever told us you had bought these. They set a lovely table when you're having a special luncheon for a couple friends.

~*~ saskia ~*~ May 21, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

How I wished I had a scent button on my laptop...
These sweet little cups are the loveliest ever seen in a long time, adorable!
Have a great weekend, your blog is lovely, will be back soon. xo

Sewn With Grace May 21, 2010 at 4:56 AM  

Love your Lily of the Valley items. So, so pretty!

myletterstoemily May 21, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

lily of the valley has to be the
sweetest of all flowers.

i love the imagery from the
bible, too.

what a refreshing place you have
here!

Cheryl May 21, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Ooooooooo...SO very pretty! I love these!

~ Cheryl (from the library, of course :-)

koralee May 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Your blog is lovely!!!! I love Lily of the Valley...it is my birth flower. Your china set is amazing...now tea would be a whole lot sweeter in those cups thats for sure. Have a great weekend.

Poppies and Sunshine May 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Oh I just love the tea cups and saucers. How pretty this all is! Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you a fantastic weekend!

D. Jean Quarles May 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

I love lilies of the valley. Your photos are great. Pretty dishes. What a great find.

Pauline May 26, 2010 at 4:23 AM  

Wow! Beautiful set of tea cups and photos! I absolutely love the pictures! Such a delight to read your blog! Thank you for sharing! Love to you, my friend...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP