Monday, May 17, 2010

Through The Viewfinder Photography

My friend Bonnie Mieth, from http://bonniemieth.blogspot.com/  (Daily Cupcake) recently posted a series of photos on the 365 Project site ... done in a style called TTV Photography (which stands for "Through The Viewfinder").   I fell so in love with her photos that I bid on and won the following vintage camera from ebay so that I could try my hand at the same thing ....


Then my husband Gary made this contraption to keep the light from falling on the viewfinder

And then we began experimenting ....


hanging basket on my front porch

little angel statue in my garden

vintage bride and groom caketopper

black-eyed susan vine in my back garden

1950 Ford in Atlantic, Virginia

old gas pump in Pocomoke, Maryland

same 1950 Ford ... but Gary likes this shot so I thought I would include it

To read more about TTV photography, you can just Google it .... this is one of the first sites that shows up on Google

Many thanks to Bonnie for introducing me to this fun type of photography, and many thanks to my husband for all his hard work in making the contraption and for spending so much time learning how to get the Nikon to focus so I could actually take some pictures.

 If you think you get some stares while taking photos with a regular camera, just wait until you go out in public with one of these ..... (smiles)

By the way, Bonnie is having her first-ever Blog Giveway on her beautiful Daily Cupcake blog ... so go pay her a visit and sign up.

I'm planning to host my own first-ever Giveway soon ... and hope to make it a monthly thing ... so stay tuned.

5 comments:

Bonnie May 17, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

*full of smiles right now*

I'm soooo glad you are enjoying your new toy. :) So have you decided what you will name her/him?

Loving what you have done so far. I really like those vintage shots!!

I really appreciate your kind words and shout out about my blog, Frances. Thank you SO much for being such an over all lovely person.

Looking forward to more ttv goodness! :)

xoxo,
Bonnie

bonnie May 18, 2010 at 4:10 AM  

Your "vintage" photos turned out really good. I like the rear-view picture of the old Ford car, too.
Making the "contraption" sounds like something Gary would like doing. Before I saw Bonnie M's pics on Project 365 I had never heard of this style before.
Now that I see your photos I can see how this is a style you will enjoy.

I Love Pretty Little Things May 18, 2010 at 4:49 AM  

I Love those pictures! So pretty!

I got you comment that you would like to be a part of my play-along. So, you are in. :) I can't wait to visit you to check out your "Friday Pretties".

Have a wonderful day,
Joyce

Bren Graham Thebeau May 18, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

Oh girl, you've opened the doors to a whole new avenue. It's fascinating to see what these wonderful old cameras can do. And bless your hubby for being able to build said contraption :-)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP