Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wildflowers in the Country


Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair... ~Susan Polis Shutz





I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.
~Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Afternoon on a Hill"


Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Look at us, said the violets blooming at her feet, all last winter we slept in the seeming death but at the right time God awakened us, and here we are to comfort you. ~Edward Payson Rod




The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. ~Basho



"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Kahlil Gibran

All these things were seen on Saturday afternoon, as Bonnie and I traveled a back road just beyond Woodland, Delaware.   We got out of the car and played for a while.

6 comments:

erin's art and gardens June 1, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

i just found your blog and love your photos! ;0)

Betty June 2, 2010 at 3:39 AM  

Awesome pictures Frances. Your new camera even picked up on the lady bugs.

Bren Graham Thebeau June 2, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

You just blow me away when I visit your blog. Love the vivid blue flowers against fields of green and the close ups of the lady bugs, priceless and the old barn and the....love them all, so glad you and Bonnie got out to play on your road trip!

Bonnie June 3, 2010 at 12:01 AM  

Sounds sublime! Frances, I know I say this a thousand times, but I want to hang out with you!! The places you go and the wonderful experiences you share. So glad I get to read about it and witness all the glory through your lens. :)

Happy to hear you had such a lovely time. I love little spontaneous moments where life just happens. *sigh* Thanks for all the bliss!

xoxo,

Bonnie

Pauline June 3, 2010 at 5:49 AM  

Oh my, so beautiful and amazing photos, Frances! I'm looking forward to see more of these... take care always! Sending you lots of love...

D. Jean Quarles June 4, 2010 at 5:58 AM  

Nice images. Simply beautiful. Hope you have a great weekend.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP