Thursday, June 17, 2010

Friday Pretties -- The Daughters In Our House

Can you believe it is Friday again already?   What a fast week!   Thanks to Joyce from http://iloveprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/ for hosting "Friday Pretties" .... be sure to visit her blog, as well as the beautiful blogs of the other friends who are sharing their own pretties.

Last week, I included a picture of my two Himalayan cats and everyone loved them, so I thought I would show you more ......

This is our oldest ... Sara Lee .... she is about 12 years old now ...



And this is our youngest ... Victoria Lynn ... who is about ten




When we got our first Himalayan kitten, Gary said to me ... "You know, you will have to comb her every single day!" .... as if that would be a hardship.    I adore combing them ... such softness ... who wouldn't adore that?


I used to dabble a little in altered art, and these are some bookmarks I made during that time ...




This is a vintage cookie tin I bought at an antique store in Pennsylvania ....


And I used the image on this tin to make a scrapbook page ...


If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr. - Martin Buxbaum

I'm having a Giveway on my GentleTouches blog .... feel free to enter if you are interested ....


12 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau June 18, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

Okay my friend you have to get back to dabbling, these are beautiful. And your cats, well my word they are the most beautiful cats I've ever seen, even our Woody doesn't compare to these lovely ladies :-)
Another give away, I'll have to go check it out, I keep forgetting you keep another blog!!
Thank you for your sweet words about my Grace and Olivia, much appreciated.

Bonnie June 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM  

Your kitties are simply gorgeous!! I love all that soft, billowy fur!! Makes me want to just pick them up and hug them. :)

Perfect post for pretties!

I recently updated my blog and not sure if comments are going through. Several people have told me they have had difficulties. Hopefully it has been fixed, I'm trying to figure it out...

Ok, well those are my ramblings for the day. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

sending sunshine and cupcakes your way,
Bonnie

Bonnie June 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM  

Oh, I need to go by your other blog! I always forget your have that one too! sorry!! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us! :)

Cornflakes and Honey June 18, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

Frances thank you for your sweet comments, you're a poppet!

Love your little girls, they're gorgeous! I have one too, a black and white tabby but she's with my parents back in England.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
xx

Rosie June 18, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

What beautiful furry friends you have...our pets certainly do become part of our families...I have a 14 year old siamese mama...she runs the house...have a beautiful Friday...smile on Rosie

Anonymous,  June 18, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

....love your little pretties!!
their fur is so lush and well kept...they are most regal looking!!
and your bookmarks...Frances...you are so multi-talented.!! they are awesome...love, love them...so vintage...so you!! :D
have a super weekend...cheers, linda :D

Cheryl June 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

These daughters of yours are stunningly beautiful! I love kitties!

Perfect Balance Marketing June 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

Such pretty pretties! Thank you for sharing your photos and those gorgeous bookmarks - very vintage :o) Elle x PS And thank you so much for your sweet comment on my Friday Pretties - you've made my day x

birdie blue June 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Such sweet kitties! Friday's prettiest!
Thank you, too, for your sweet comments.
~Molly

I Love Pretty Little Things June 18, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Oh, your beautiful girls look so much younger than their years! Very Pretty!!!

Thanks for playing along today. Always pleasurable. :)

Have a wonderful and fun-filled weekend.
Joyce

mimi June 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

Simply fabulous cats!! Alot of work but sooo beautiful.

koralee June 20, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

Your sweet cats are adorable..I just love those images of them!

I love cats but my husband is so so allergic..so have not had any for years.

Have a great new week. oxoxoxo

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP