Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where It Was Always June

I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.
-- L. M. Montgomery

These are a few highlights from our travels this past weekend ....

Who can resist an old barn?   (not me)

sooooooooo in love with bokeh ......


Museum in Lewes, Delaware

"lets go cruising - you & me
salty air - my sun kissed hair
endless summer ---just
take me there"

Down by the Riverside ......

Yellow butterflies look like flowers flying through the warm summer air.
-- Andrea Willis

Hair styling from a purple house ....


overflowing window boxes ....



Heat, ma'am! it was so dreadful here, that I found there was nothing left for it but to take off my flesh and sit in my bones.
-- Sydney Smith
(a perfect description of the weather here on Saturday)

"I live on an island and listen to jazz all day long. The sun is always shining, but you can still see the stars. The breeze sings astonishingly like Ella and the wind rumbles in a Louis way. My friends and I dance under magic skies."
(Author Unknown)

What do YOU love most about Summer? ......

(As always, click on photos to enlarge for better detail ... it's amazing what little things you can see, like the little birds sitting on top of the barn)

4 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau June 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Oh my I don't know where to look first! Love the old barn for I cannot resist them either, they speak to me, and the blue doors of the museum and the still swoop over that lake and, and and. Love what you do with a camera and some software :-) As for summer, there is a kind of laid back feel to it, even though it can be hectic with gardens, visitors home repairs and the like, perhaps it's a state of mind we all go to during the summer, sweet, hazy days. Summer in my mind, sounds like a song!

myletterstoemily June 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

so many gorgeous images!

favorite thing about summer?
corn on the cob
peaches
tomatoes
cantaloupe
colorado!!!!

myletterstoemily June 29, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

dear frances,

i will be praying for your precious
friend. thank you for trusting me
with this. she is blessed to have
a friend like you.

blessings,
lea

Anonymous,  July 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

WOW....truly stunning captures Frances...really!!!
definately a great barn...and birdies too!! So many fab photos...love the butterfly on flower...and the butterfly sharing with bee on flower on 365...great shots....great bokeh!! :D oh...love the egrets..."this is the way...." just perfect!!
and the big wheel...you quoted P!NK..fabulous!! the stone faces on the museum...great detail...and that lamp post...makes me think of the ice queen on Narnia!!
...i could to on and on....all are superb Frances ...sure wish i knew what kind of camera you have....i'll have to wait till my email is up and running... :D
as for my fav thing about summer...
family time, watermelon, icecream, camp, sewing my garden, a fresh breeze, a peaceful morning walk. photo opps, again...i could go on :D
have a great day Frances...hugs, linda :D

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP