Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Pretties


It's been a hot, hot week here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, with temperatures hovering near 100.  We had refreshing and much-needed rain last evening, and I'm hoping it may be a bit cooler today.

This week for Friday Pretties, I thought I would show you a few pretty things I've seen in my recent travels.    Thank you to Joyce from http://iloveprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/ for hosting this special event each week.    When you have a moment, visit her blog and feast upon her own Pretties ... and then follow the links to our other friends.

Black-eyed Susans .... Maryland's State Flower

Wildflowers seen while driving through the Bombay Hook Wildlife Refuge this past Monday


Even though it has been hot, the sky has been filled with beautiful clouds ...

The geese have been staying cool in their own habitat ....

Ostrich at our local zoo ....

“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air ..."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

And lastly, I wanted you to see this sweet statue located in front of an Animal Hospital on the Eastern Shore of Virginia ....


"May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow. May the soft winds freshen your spirit. May the sunshine brighten your heart. May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you, and may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.”

8 comments:

It's me June 25, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

Happy friday pretties.............happy summer days....enjoy.love Ria........

A Ruffled Nest June 25, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

What a beautiful place to live!!! Thank you so much for your kind comments and prayers.
Sherrie

I Love Pretty Little Things June 25, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

Happy, Happy Friday Pretties!!!
Your pictures are Beautiful!

I really wish that statue of the little girl and the lamb was in my back yard...I love it!

Thanks for playing, and have a cool and refreshing weekend (I hope)
Joyce :)

koralee June 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Love love your pretties over here today...thank you for sharing.
Also thank you for visiting me...I so agree with you Artful Blogger is amazing...I get so so inspired by that magazine! Hugs for a great day. xoxoox

Bren Graham Thebeau June 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

once again, fantastic photos, the time you take to finish these out is well worth it my friend. I always open them up to their biggest size so I can see the details of what you've done.

Pauline June 26, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

So wonderful and fantastic photos, Frances! I really enjoyed reading and viewing all of the photos. Wow! Thank you for sharing...

Anonymous,  June 27, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

...so very beautiful are your little pretties this week....love the bobing geese!! wonderful statue...excellent clarity!!
thanks for sharing Frances...
hugs..linda :D

natyi June 27, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

I really love the "wildflowers-photos"!!!So beautiful pictures...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP