Monday, June 28, 2010

Yellow





The color Yellow .... inspired by hot Summer days .

When flowers spill over onto sidewalks .....



"Sitting on the porch, you could feel it: the air wishing it was water."
¸.•*´¨`♥ Jeffrey Eugenides


Little girls wear upside-down sunglasses ....
(my niece, Ellie)

For a yard you want to get noticed, plant wildflowers instead of grass ....



Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you. -Charlie Brown to Snoopy”

(My niece Ellie with her Grandpa Farnum)

How the color yellow affects us mentally and physically
* Mentally stimulating
* Stimulates the nervous system
* Activates memory
* Encourages communication


Happy Monday, my friends .... may your world be colored in yellow this week

8 comments:

Unknown June 28, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

I have to say you picked the most happy color of all!!! I loved all your photos even your precious niece with her upside-down glasses on..hehehhe!!! I see you and my baby sister, Mary Freeman are friends...I found you on another blog, but am glad to see my sister smiling back at me when i joined your blog. Blessings for a wonderful week dear.

http://dreamsofpurelove.blogspot.com

Bonnie June 28, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Full of sunshine, Frances! Beautiful! :)

Please forgive me for being so absent lately. It seems all I have time to do these days is post a brief comment every now and then.

I hope all is well and know that I always enjoy visiting you. Your posts are always inspiring and beautifully arranged.

Thanks so much for sharing your beauty. :)

xoxo,

Bonnie

myletterstoemily June 28, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

thank you for such lovely and encouraging
images. you are such a gifted blogger.

thank you.

It's me June 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Nice yellow pictures..thanks for the lovely words..........i like your blog !! happy summer evening......love Ria..........

Bren Graham Thebeau June 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

Oh thank you for bringing a burst of joy on a very drab and rainy day! Love the photos and how you wove your thoughts and quotes throughout the post. Lov'n those yellows my friend.

Betty June 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Frances I love those pictures. The blackeyed susans just jump right out at you and yell it's summer time.

Kati June 30, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

I love the color theme. I have never thought to do a post with a certain color as a theme. Yellow is such a vibrant color and it makes everything so cheerful!

Anonymous,  July 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

WOW Frances!!
what a happy post...makes me feel warm and fuzzy...a good feeling indeed!! ...and i remember those beautifully created pages of Ellie...so missing your scrapping artistry!!
happy day to you my friend...
many hugs ...linda :D

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP