Friday, April 16, 2010

Editing For Added Beauty -- Topaz Simplify Update

Can you take an already-beautiful old barn and potting shed and make it even more beautiful? ....

(Original photo ... taken in Whitehaven)

( edited in LucisArt and Nik Color Efex 3)

(previous editing, with an additional watercolor effect in Topaz Simplify)

(previous editing changed to black and white in Nik Color Efex 3)
(click on photos to enlarge ... and then click one  more time to enlarge even more)

Topaz Simplify has just been upgraded ... to check out this editing tool, go to

and to see some tutorials, go to


3 comments:

Betty April 17, 2010 at 5:17 AM  

Frances I like the edits better because it's brighter and cheerier. You took away the dark shadows. Very beautiful pictures.

Pauline April 17, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

Oh, these are amazing, Frances! I love love those edits! I agree with Betty... you added more life to the picture! Simply breathtaking! I'm a big fan of yours... don't forget that! Love to you...

momma-nance April 21, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

Frances I really love the detail you give for how you achieve your edits. I'm loving your search for things to photograph, especially the beautiful old farms. I need another hands on lesson from you on using textures. It's the erasing part that I think I'd struggle with the most. Isn't it powerful how you can take a photo of something from life and add beauty to it.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP