Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pennsylvania Farms

I grew up on a farm until I was 14.  One morning when we were out in the watermelon fields, turning vines, I remember telling my sisters that I would never, ever grow up to marry a farmer.  And I didn't.  But I think a part of the farmgirl heart is still hidden within .....

an Amish farmstead located in Lancaster County, PA ... click to see enlarged size and better detail of the laundry and the cows in the pasture, etc.


a farm located on Route 322, leading from Ephrata to Hershey ... you should have seen what Gary and I went through in order to get pictures of this building ... love the cupolas


located on the grounds of the Milton Hershey School, Hershey, PA


I love the things you don't notice while you are taking the photo, and then discover as you begin processing ... like the wonderful bicycle in this scene ... and a little bird in the bush above the bike ... and several little birds on top of the silo ....

and then it's fun to see what the same scene looks like in black and white

4 comments:

UrbanExpressions April 10, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

Wonderful work Frances. I always love seeing your adventures.

Bonnie April 10, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

I love seeing the world through your eyes. I completely agree with you when you mention the details you notice once you begin to edit your shot. Beautiful post. Sorry I have been so absent the last few days from commenting. Life happens, you know? :)

Anonymous,  April 11, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

beautiful pictures. one reminds me so much of my childhood home.

Bren Graham Thebeau April 12, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

I just had to see these in their larger size, I'm so glad I did. It just amazes me how you have altered and emphasized certain elements in each photo. I've got to tell you the combination of detail and shadow in the b&w is, compelling, love it!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP