Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Long After It Was Heard No More

"I listened, motionless and still ... And, as I mounted up the hill ... The music in my heart I bore ... Long after it was heard no more."  (William Wordsworth)


This past Sunday afternoon, Gary and I were riding the back roads in the Tyaskin area and stumbled upon an old, abandoned house with wisteria growing all over it.  We pulled over to the side of the road and I got out and walked closer ... and as I got closer, I was able to see into the back yard and almost shouted for joy when I saw this abandoned truck.   Before Mark moved to Australia, he and I spent many hours on the roads, looking for just such sights.   I think this beauty is still bearing music in its heart, for those who have ears to hear.    My original photo was crooked (imagine that!) ... and when I tried to straighten it in my editing programs, the left front of the truck was cut off.   So I went ahead and edited the photo the way it was ... and then I extracted the truck and placed it on a larger paper so that I could straighten it without losing any of the truck body ... and then I blended all of that together.   In my extraction, I left some of the rough edges, as I thought that worked well with the subject matter.   And then here is another edit, processed first in Akvis Sketch and then in Topaz and Nik Color Efex.   Both photos need to be enlarged in order to see detail .... just click on each, and then I think you can see it even larger if you click again.



1 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau April 14, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Your photos leave me in awe of your creativity in taking editing to create a whole new feel, new life

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP