Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Historic Abandoned Freight Station

The Central Railroad of New Jersey Freight Station in Scranton, Pennsylvania ... Built in 1891 in a Romanesque style, it was at first an unusual instance of a freight terminal being more visually striking than its corresponding passenger terminal. When the railroad shut down its Pennsylvania operations in 1972 during bankruptcy proceedings, the terminal was closed by the Lehigh Valley Railroad, which took them over, and has remained unused ever since. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.  (source .. Wikipedia)

Gary and I passed this building after leaving the Steamtown Railway Museum, and we made an immediate turnaround, parked in a bank parking lot, and walked around to admire the architecture of this abandoned site.  

(click on photos to enlarge ... and then click one more time to enlarge even more, for better detail)







Editing of photos done in LucisArt, Nik Color Efex 3, Topaz Adjust 4, Topaz Simplify 3, Topaz Detail 2, and Akvis Sketch ... In addition, I used textures on two of the photos.

5 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau April 21, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

Once again your outings with your hubby have produced amazing art. I love them all. Love the background you used in the third pic. I think it's great that the two of you combine time together and getting great shots to later transform and give new life to. Got to love that!

Bonnie April 21, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

I treasure each one of your finds. You do realize you are quite the artist, right? Your images are art gallery worthy. Frances, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, we are going vintage home browsing and antique shopping. :)

xoxo,
Bonnie

Betty April 22, 2010 at 4:22 AM  

Can't you see in your dreams the way this train station was many years ago. The people who stood there saying good byes to loved ones, the people boarding, excited about a new adventure they are about to experience. Thanks for sharing this Frances. Edits are amazing.

Bren Graham Thebeau April 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Bless you for sharing so openly and powerful what God has done in your life. I love how he brings us all through our moments of 'standing up in our spirit, and proclaiming his truth for our lives. That's certainly what was going through me as I worked with my lion & lamb quote.

Kellie Graham April 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

I've been out here lurking, enjoying your beautiful artful photos but not had time to comment as much as I'd like to. Also appreciate your sharing the different filters you use, I'm trying to decide when and what to invest in on that front, so all this is very helpful. Thank you for leaving your words of encouragement on my blog, I appreciate and savour them.

Be Blessed
Kel

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP