Thursday, April 1, 2010

Washington, DC

Photos from our trip to Washington, DC  .....  click on photos to enlarge and see more detail ....


Capitol Building ... Photo taken by Gary with the Kodak camera ... edited by me


The Capitol building from the other side ... Botanical Gardens are off to the right

closeup of some of the windows of the Capitol building


If you enlarge this photo and look closely at the detail above the window pane, you can see wooden dowels and string, helping to protect the carvings.   I find this so interesting .... something one would never be aware of apart from cameras that will zoom in ....



This is one of the Smithsonian Institution buildings ... I believe it is the Arts Center ... it was one of the few places where the trees were already in bloom


Metro ..... Rosslyn Station

The street directly on the back side of the Supreme Court ...

3 comments:

Bonnie April 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

How did you like your trip to DC? I've never been but hope to make a trip that direction one day. I like the editing here. You really notice more details in b/w.

Also, love what you did with the Small Town USA post. I love it when you can take one image and change it up in so many different ways. Great job and as always, beautiful to look at.

Thanks again for your sweet comments. You always know how to make a gal smile. :)

Happy April Fools!

xoxo,
Bonnie

PS still LOVIN' your blog banner. :)

Illustrated Photography April 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

The subway scene is one my favorites! Very Very Very nice...Love you!

Pauline April 1, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Wow! Fantastic photos and awesome editing, Frances!!! I hope I'll see those places in the near future...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP